AI according to definition is known as intelligence displayed by machines, in contrast with the natural intelligence displayed by humans and other animals. In computer science AI research is defined as the study of “intelligent agents”: any device that perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of success at some goal.
Artificial Intelligence DISADVANTAGES
- UNEMPLOYMENT — Replacement of people with AI technologies can lead to large scale unemployment, which is an undesirable phenomenon. Artificial intelligence will make people lose their creative power and become lazy.
- HIGH COST — Creation of AI requires huge costs as they are complex machines. Plus, their maintenance and repair require lots of money too. They have software programs which need to be updated frequently to cater to the needs of the changing environment. The procedure to recover lost codes and re-instating the system might require huge time and cost.
- NO CREATIVITY — AI technology can help you create and design, but they can’t advise you as they don’t have the power of human brain. People are emotional and highly sensitive — they think, feel, hear and see and their thoughts are guided by the feelings which completely lacks in machines. People have intuition that can’t be replaced.
- NO IMPROVEMENT WITH EXPERIENCE — Unlike people, AI can’t be improved with experience, and with time it can lead to wear and tear. Technologies are not able to alter their responses to changing environments.
Artificial Intelligence ADVANTAGES
- NO BREAKS – Machines are programmed for long hours and can constantly perform. And unlike humans, they don’t require refreshments and frequent breaks.
- REPETITIVE JOBS – Jobs that are monotonous can be easily carried out with the help of machines. They can also be employed to carry out some dangerous tasks.
- ERROR REDUCTION – AI can significantly reduce the errors. Plus the chance of of using AI in work can also reach accuracy with a greater degree of precision.
- DIGITAL ASSISTANTS – Highly-developed companies use avatars that are digital assistants who can interact with the users, thus saving money on human resources. These avatars don’t have emotions and can make the right decision in any situation.
- DIFFICULT EXPLORATION – AI can be used in mining and other fuel exploration processes. They can also be used for exploring the ocean floor too. Due to their programming, they can perform more hard work with greater responsibility.